As a manager or team leader, it is vitally important that you can find ways to increase the productivity and results of your team. Effective appraisal gives you the opportunity to review past performance, discuss and agree future performance targets and to plan future training and coaching needs. At the same time it offers the employee the opportunity of discussing their performance, knowing how they are performing and allowing them to discuss their role and ideas for achieving agreed objectives. An appraisal, if done correctly, is the best opportunity you have to motivate, encourage, coach and improve productivity of the individuals in your team.
Course Length: 1 eight hour day to include lunch and refreshment breaks
Venue: On site at client’s premises
Number of Delegates: Maximum of 12
Cost: Circa £850 to include all materials and associated expenses (not VAT registered). NB. this is a price for delivery of the course with up to 12 delegates, NOT a per delegate price.
- Equip delegates with all the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver the appraisal process
- Maximise the opportunity as a positive experience for both parties
- Outline the purpose and benefits of appraisal, for both Appraiser and Appraisee
- List the consequences of delivering a poor appraisal process
- Be a positive role model for the appraisal system
- Understand behaviour and competencies
- Be able to prepare for the appraisal interview
- Appreciate the range of development opportunities for the Appraisee
- Display best practice in undertaking an appraisal interview
- Handle a range of challenging Appraisees confidently
All Staff who are responsible to deliver the appraisal process