Conflict Management and De-escalation Training
It’s never nice being involved in situations of confrontation or conflict, but depending on what role you undertake at work sometimes it’s inevitable. Whether you’re dealing directly with a member of the public, an angry and potentially violent customer or a person who is posing a physical threat to you, this course helps you understand how to deal with these situations and allow you to stay safe, de-escalate the situation and take control and where necessary use physical force.
Course Length: 1 eight hour day to include lunch and refreshment breaks
Venue: On site at client’s premises
Number of Delegates: Maximum of 12
Cost: Circa £850 to include all materials and associated expenses (not VAT registered). NB. this is a price for delivery of the course with up to 12 delegates, NOT a per delegate price.
- To increase the personal safety of staff who deal directly with the public and as such may encounter situations of conflict.
- To prevent or de-escalate conflict situations in order to reduce the risk of stress and injury to staff and customers.
- To limit the likelihood of litigation caused by any unnecessary use of physical force.
- Explain the purpose of a Conflict Management Model
- Describe the five stages of the Conflict Management Model
- Appreciate the relevant areas of legislation that cover the use of physical force
- Understand what Tactical Communication and Observational Skills are
- Understand the two different types of communication
- Give examples of the different warning and danger signs
- Give examples of impact factors
- Explain 4 examples of communication models that can assist in conflict resolution
This course can also be offered by Lakes Training Solutions Ltd as a formal Level 2 qualification in Conflict Management through the National Awarding Body (NAB) Ascentis and authorised by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA).