Sometimes we attend courses, learn really useful things and return to work full of enthusiasm, but somehow fail to implement much of what has inspired us even though we know that doing so would make a positive difference. Typically, this kind of problem stems from a tendency to ‘get in our own way’ by constantly re-enacting unhelpful thoughts and personal patterns of behaviour that don’t serve us well. As Einstein once said: ‘We can’t solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them’, and equally, we will never achieve everything we want to achieve if we fail to develop an awareness of our behaviours and do something about the ones that don’t work well.
Drawing from the fields of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Transactional Analysis (TA), Functional Fluency and Emotional Intelligence, this course puts the ‘personal’ back into personal development.
Length: 1 eight-hour day to include lunch and refreshment breaks
Venue: On site at client’s premises
Number of Delegates: Maximum of 12
Cost: Circa £850 to include all materials and associated expenses (not VAT registered). NB. this is a price for delivery of the course with up to 12 delegates, NOT a per delegate price.
- To develop a real understanding about how your thinking and behaviour patterns can hijack the process of achieving what you want to achieve.
- To develop a range of more helpful thoughts and behaviours which benefit everyone, including yourself.
- Develop your interpersonal skills.
- Inspire and empower colleagues.
- Reduce stress and rebalance your energy output.
- Use authority so that everyone benefits.
- Avoid misunderstandings.
- Remain objective and avoid jumping to conclusions.
- Get along better with others.
N.B. For delegates wishing truly to maximise their interpersonal effectiveness, we can also offer one to one TIFF© sessions with the trainer (a licensed TIFF© provider). These sessions build on your learning about the Functional Fluency model (see above) and comprise initially of completing a self-report questionnaire in your own time. Your profile is prepared, and you then collaborate (over two feedback sessions) alongside the provider in a positive process designed to establish your unique behaviour patterns, and to connect you to your strengths.
What is the Temple Index of Functional Fluency (TIFF©)?
- A well-researched personal development tool based on the Functional Fluency model.
- A self-report questionnaire that provides a profile of a person’s patterns of social behaviour.
- A tool that promotes the self-awareness and understanding that enhances emotional literacy.
- Expert feedback that offers support, discussion and guidance for how to make use of your profile.
Note: TIFF© does not measure abilities or ‘type’ people in any way. Feedback is collaborative with a focus on what people already do well. It is designed to boost morale and the courage to make the changes chosen for developing effectiveness.
Additional cost per delegate: £375 to include:
– access to the questionnaire
– preparation of your feedback
– initial feedback session (one and a half to two hours)
– follow up feedback session (approximately one hour) either in person or via Skype