In times of downturn and recession, the role of on job trainer has never been so important. The in-house trainer is a cost effective and flexible way to train staff on work procedures, health and safety, new company initiatives. In fact any topic that requires staff to take on board new knowledge and skills. This course helps train the novice into a skilled trainer. It examines the techniques and processes required for designing and delivering on-job training sessions that improve employee’s skill, knowledge and ultimately boost job performance.
The course material has been primarily designed to train staff to be able to train others on a one-to-one basis. However a substantial part of the material could be used to develop the trainer who trains groups of people
Course Length: 2 eight hour days to include lunch and refreshment breaks
Venue: On site at client’s premises
Number of Delegates: Maximum of 10
Cost: Circa £1,600 to include all materials and associated expenses (not VAT registered). NB. this is a price for delivery of the 2-day course with up to 10 delegates, NOT a per delegate price.
- To impart new knowledge and skills in a professional manner
- To ensure that delegates are able to apply new-found skills to the standards required in a safe manner
- Identify strengths and development areas for a trainer
- Discuss the common errors of the on-job trainer
- Explain what is meant by ‘communication’ and why it’s misinterpreted
- Maximise trainee motivation and minimising the barriers to learning
- Be able to apply guided discovery in the training
- Know some techniques to add variety and interest in the training session
- Implement a task analysis
- Structure a training session
- Participate in role plays when training a colleague on a 1-1 basis with structured feedback
- Deal with unexpected scenarios
All staff who are responsible to train others on the job. The course is primarily aimed at one-to-one training however the principles apply to group training too.